Valentine’s Day is going to be hard for many people this year. Lots of couples across the UK have lost partners, husbands or wives during the Covid crisis. This year, they may be spending Valentine’s alone for the first time.
Sending flowers or a little gift to someone who has suffered this year is a lovely way to show you care. So, I’d like to mark Valentine’s Day with a special competition!
Rather than lavish my hubbie with a gift this year, I’d like to send a beautiful bouquet to someone spending Valentine’s Day on their own – and hopefully #HelpSomeoneBlossom again.
To enter the competition, simply Like the competition social post on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and Direct or Private Message me with your suggestion of a person you would like to send flowers to – and your reasons why.
The winning entry will have a bouquet sent to their person of choice on or around Valentine’s Day. Closing date for entries is 9am, Tuesday February 9, 2021 and don’t forget to check the T&Cs at the bottom of this blog before you enter.
Learning to love ourselves
The French know a thing or two about love, so I can’t resist sharing one of my favourite quotes before I sign off!
“Je Regarde dans le Miroir et Je M’Adore – I look in the mirror and I love myself”.
There’s a lot we can learn from this simple phrase and in all the excitement of Valentine’s Day we can often forget about loving ourselves. Here’s my tips for loving yourself a little bit more this lockdown.
Top ten tips for lockdown self-love
- Be proud of yourself, you are unique.
- Love yourself just the way you are, not who you think you should be.
- Loving and looking after yourself isn’t selfish.
- Self-love isn’t easy, be kind to yourself.
- Be authentic and true to your values.
- I am deserving of all good things that come my way.
- I can chose to let go of negative thoughts and emotions.
- You were born to be real not to be perfect.
- Set healthy boundaries and stick to them.
- You are enough.
Valentine’s Day #HelpSomeoneBlossom Competition T&CS
- The competition prize consists of one floral bouquet.
- The photograph is for illustration and the exact bouquet may be subject to change.
- The prize will be sent out to the recipient by Annie Stirk, to arrive on or around Valentine’s Day subject to postal services.
- Entrants must like the social Post and DM me to tell me who they would like to send flowers to, and why. The best answer will be chosen.
- Multiple entries or retweets in a single day will not be accepted.
- Open to all UK residents, excluding Northern Ireland, aged 18 and over, relatives, partners and employees of Annie Stirk.
- Closing date for entries is 9am, Tuesday February 9, 2021.
- Only one entry per person.
- The winner will be informed within 24 hours of the closing date and will need to respond by 5pm on Wednesday February 10, 2021 or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request. And agrees to their post and name being promoted via social media.
- By participating in this competition, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.